Like any online business, B2B e-commerce cannot function without a clear marketing strategy. Mobupps believes that marketing plays a significant role in boosting B2B e-commerce conversions.
The main goal for B2B e-commerce is to expand customers’ reach and reduce service costs. To do this, you need to use tools and techniques to turn your website visitors into existent buyers.
Complexity can arise when you look for the answer to the question: How to run a B2B e-commerce business and implement a profit-maximizing marketing strategy? Can’t answer? It sounds like you need Mobupps help.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the most effective B2B e-commerce tactics. Be the first to put it into practice.
How does B2B e-commerce work?
B2B e-commerce refers to the exchange of goods and services between businesses through online platforms. The B2B business model differs significantly from the B2C model, where companies sell directly to consumers. It includes transactions between a manufacturer and a wholesaler or a wholesaler and a retailer through an online sales portal.
B2B e-commerce is one of the fastest-growing sales models. According to some reports, the global B2B e-commerce market is valued at over $12 trillion. Digital commerce helps businesses reduce costs and improve efficiency by automating e-commerce.
E-commerce creates new business opportunities by connecting buyers and sellers in one online space.
The most effective B2B e-commerce tactics
As far as we all know, in B2B, there are the same people as in B2C, but they are united by one company or enterprise. The popularity of e-commerce has affected the B2B market in general and has led to massive changes. Mobupps has chosen a set of actionable tips that need to be adopted to achieve B2B goals.
- Personalization – Starts with B2B catalogue management capabilities that allow merchants to customize product catalogues for specific corporations, departments, and business units. Personalization also includes promoting unique content and product recommendations via email and social media.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Basically optimizes your content so that it ranks higher among all search engine results for a particular keyword. To know how your website is performing, delve into analytics by measuring important website metrics such as the time a customer has spent on your site and your website’s bounce rate so you can optimize it. B2B e-commerce has fewer competitors than B2C, so focus on SEO to get into the top search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Feedback – The influence of reviews and testimonials on today’s buying decisions should not be overlooked. Potential business customers are more likely to make a purchase from a company with a positive reputation. In B2B e-commerce, buyers are even more concerned about supplier reviews and recall due to larger orders. As a B2B e-commerce participant, you need to ensure that your customers share their positive buying experience with your business. Even negative reviews help a lot as they help optimize your services and product line, as well as eliminate website pain points.
What is the future of B2B e-commerce?
The trend is clear: B2B e-commerce is the leading sales channel in digital commerce. Mobupps is confident that the changes in B2B shopper behaviour due to the pandemic will continue and change. There is no doubt that e-commerce is pushing the boundaries of what B2B sales can be.
For you as a business, the benefits are clear:
- You can reach a mass audience with fewer resources.
- You can personalize relationships at any scale.
- Now your customers have the opportunity to serve themselves.
Mobupps believes this is the path to cost-effective and affordable sales opportunities. Our task is to determine a set of marketing tactics to achieve the main goals.
As always, Mobupps will keep an eye on the trends in B2B e-commerce and share them with you. Don’t forget to stay in touch with us.